"Arrowroot Cookies (Rejano’s Bakery Original Flavor, Tin Can, Red)"
- SKU: OM8ZGXJC;
- Category: Delicacies
"Who is the product for? For children, adult and even seniors, ready for export;
What are the product’s basic details (250g. Nt. Wt. Round Tin Can packaging (original flavor);
Why is the product useful or better than competitors? The product is Gluten free and high in dietary fiber. Made from all (pure) arrowroot tubers with no preservatives. Available in different variants including low sugar, with malunggay and all organic ingredients. "
Rejano’s Bakery started its operation in 1964 as a micro business producing bread. The business persisted and supported the family. The next generation owner added arrowroot cookies and this product slowly became famous “pasalubong” coming from Marinduque.
Seeing the potential of the firm, DOST provided assistance for improving the production process of arrowroot flour – the major raw material used by the firm. The assistance resulted to increase production volume and the firm needed to capture larger market outside the province and next intervention on improved packaging system was introduced. The firm products’ proved to be very competitive and in order to sustain the increasing market demand; the firm was assisted for the third time through automation of its production processes. With FDA-LTO and is now working for HALAL.
A complete package of DOST assistance made the firm grow into what it is today.
- 2015 Best SETUP Adoptor (Regional and National level)
- 2015 Packaging Innovations Award 1st Prize (National)
- The firm’s owner won as DOST-MIMAROPA’s Best Technopreneur (SETUP Core catrgory) in 2013.
- Most Innovative Product Packaging from DTI in 2014
- Pres. Ramon Magsaysay Regional Trophy of Excellence Awardee from TESDA in 2008
- Outstanding OTOP MSME during the DTI Regional OTOP
- Regional Gawad Saka Outstanding Agri Entrepreneur from DA in 2009 and 2012.